This easy-to-make “It’s A Boy” sign makes a great addition to the DIY Sailboat/Nautical Baby Shower. Just download our templates, cut out the pieces, tape them together, and voila! A fun paper element to hang at your party!
Supplies (for 1 sign):
- 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11″ white card stock
- 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11″ navy blue card stock
- 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11″ brown card stock
- 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11″ baby blue card stock (we used a textured one that reminded us of water)
- 5 safety pins
- 1 long strip of coordinating ribbon
- a pair of scissors
- 1 pack of Therm-O-Web 3d foam squares (or any permanent foam tape)
- 1 glue stick
- a standard single hole punch
- First, download the templates by clicking on the links below. (These are free FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.) Letters Sails Boat Hulls Anchors
- Print the letters on your red card stock, the sails on your navy card stock, the hulls on your brown card stock, and the anchors on the baby blue card stock. (There are two extra anchors in case you want to use them for something else.)
- Carefully cut out each piece.
- Glue the baby blue anchors onto the sheet of white card stock. Cut them out again, leaving a border of white around the blue.
- Lay out all of your pieces so you know how they’ll line up and fit together.
- Apply the foam squares to the letters – be careful to plan this out so everything lines up properly.
- Punch a hole in the top of each assembled piece. Leave enough room at the top so it isn’t flimsy, but not TOO much since you’re going to have to hang it with a safety pin.
- Put a safety pin through each hole, attach to your ribbon, and you’re done!
If you download our free templates, we’d really appreciate it if you liked our Facebook Page! It’s a great place to find news about promos, coupon codes, and giveaways!