I've been meaning to try this for quite some time now, but I finally got around to making some wood Save the Dates with our custom stamp. Here's a quick tutorial!
- 4-5" Wood Slice Coasters (like these - I found this particular one at Michaels but it's not available online)
- Custom Save the Date Stamp
- VersaFine for Fine Details Ink Pad (I think a ColorBox Pigment Ink Pad would work as well)
- Optional: acrylic paint and paint brush
I recommend mailing these in a padded bubble mailer. It will keep costs down but still protect the wood.
Instructions are pretty self-explanatory, but here are some tips:
- Wipe wood coaster with a damp cloth to clean the surface. Let dry.
- Blot stamp into ink pad several times until it is covered with ink, then stamp wood, applying even pressure. Let dry.
- I used acrylic paints to add some simple floral details around the edges. This is completely optional, but I like the effect!
PHOTO BY KIMBERLY CHAU