We don't have kids yet, but I LOVE animated films. Every time we walk out of the theater I have to pretend that the sad scene didn't just almost make me cry. (Remember the "Married Life" montage in UP? Yeah...)
Anyway, if you don't feel like carving anything this year, delight your neighbors with some mini Minion pumpkin heads!
- A small pumpkin
- Acrylic or craft paint in yellow, black, and white. Optional: brown (I didn't have brown paint, so I mixed black, white, gold, and red.) *If you want to speed up the process, get a small can of yellow spray paint.
- Craft glue or a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Black elastic trim (available in the ribbon or fabric aisle at craft stores)
- A small favor tin, jar lid, pie plate, or cardboard and tin foil (see step 6)
- Paint the entire pumpkin yellow. It took me about 5 coats to properly cover the orange, so if you don't have that kind of time, I recommend using spray paint or a super opaque yellow.
- Paint the stem black for the hair. (I've seen a lot of people use black pipe cleaner for hair, too.)
- Paint a white circle for the eye. (I traced around my favor tin to get the right size.)
- After the white is dry, paint the iris, then the pupil.
- Paint the mouth.
- To make the goggle, I used the lid of a favor tin I had stored in a box labeled Someday I will find a use for this stuff. If you don't have a favor tin lying around, you can use a jar lid (the kind that separates into two pieces). You can also cut a circle out of a pie plate or make a goggle out of cardboard and tin foil. Get creative! After measuring the circumference of your pumpkin, cut a piece of black elastic trim and glue the ends to your goggle. Slide the goggle around your minion head and you're done!
Hope you have fun decorating your pumpkins! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!